Request dispute settlement in aviation
Statutory rules such as those laid down in the Dutch Aviation Act apply to the aviation market. Do you represent an airline, and do you believe that Amsterdam airport Schiphol or Eindhoven Airport does not comply with the rules? If so, you may request ACM to settle a dispute.
Are you a consumer? If you have an air travel complaint, please visit ConsuWijzer (in Dutch) for more information.
In what situations can you ask ACM to settle a dispute?
The Dutch Aviation Act contains different procedures for dispute settlement. These procedures are open to you if you represent an airline. You can ask the ACM to launch an investigation and take a decision in the following situations related to Amsterdam airport Schiphol or Eindhoven Airport.
- You believe that the airport charges discriminatory tariffs or uses discriminatory conditions for its aviation activities;
- You believe that the airport charges unreasonable tariffs or uses unreasonable conditions for its aviation activities;
- You believe that the airport did not sufficiently inform you or consult with you or did not do so on time about its proposals and decisions regarding tariffs and conditions for its aviation activities.
- You believe that the airport wrongfully refuses you access to a customized service.
You can ask the ACM to launch an investigation and take a decision in the following situations related specifically to Amsterdam airport Schiphol.
- You believe that the tariffs of Amsterdam airport Schiphol for its aviation activities are higher than the costs that Schiphol is allowed to charge;
- You take part in a project group regarding an investment project, and you believe that Amsterdam airport Schiphol does not follow the procedure for investment projects properly.
Please fill out the request form for dispute settlement in aviation. Or write a letter in which you provide the information that the form asks for. Please send the completed form or your letter with all of the requested enclosures to the following mail address:
The Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets
Aviation dispute settlement coordinator (DTVP)
PO Box 16326
2500 BH The Hague