Decision on 2017 pilotage tariffs
The Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM) sets the pilotage tariffs for 2017. The pilotage tariffs in 2017 will increase by 1.42 percent compared with 2016.
Why do the tariffs increase?
The most important reasons for the tariff increase are:
- Pay increases;
- Decrease in the number of pilotage trips;
- Creation of alliances in the container sector;
- Trend towards increasingly larger freight ships;
- New arrangements with Flanders about settlement of free navigation of the Scheldt river;
- Scheduled maintenance works on the pilot boats; and
- A one-off increase in training costs in 2017.
On the other hand, the reduction of the reasonable return (WACC) and lower fuel costs have had a favorable effect on the tariffs.
The document is in Dutch.