Consumer education: ConsuWijzer
By informing consumers, ACM can prevent problems, tackle areas of concern, and promote competition. Consumers who know their rights and take action stimulate companies to play by the rules and do their best.
Through consumer information portal ConsuWijzer, ACM educates consumers about their rights. Using campaigns, information and other tools, ConsuWijzer makes sure that consumers are equipped with the right knowledge in order for them to take on an active role in the market. Conversely, through ConsuWijzer, ACM receives indications from consumers about any problems they run into. ACM takes action against companies that do not play by the rules or harm consumers and competitors.
Well-informed consumers are better able to choose the offer that suits them best. This way, they promote competition, for example, by stimulating companies to come up with new products and services and/or offer competitive prices. ACM encourages consumers to take on an active role in the market, which leads to more competition, opportunities for new entrants to the market, and the promotion of innovation.
ConsuWijzer is a portal for consumers in the Netherlands. That is why all campaigns, information and other tools are only available in Dutch. To give our foreign stakeholders an idea of the way we educate consumers, we have created English-language versions of a number of our campaign videos. These can be found below. For more information about ConsuWijzer (in Dutch), please visit our website www.consuwijzer.nl .
- 2017 - Don't just order something on social media. Find out first who they really are (five 15-second campaign videos )
- 2016 - Debt collection. Only pay if the facts are correct
- 2015 - Each app has its price
- Product warranty: returning a faulty product
- If you snooze, you lose
- Travel deals, don’t let them trip you up
- Consumers are the champions
- Online shopping: check first, then buy
- Mind how you pay for online purchases